Creative Writing Contest
Winners for Inspired Creative Writing Contest
We are pleased to announce the winners in our Inspired Creative Writing Contest.
We want to thank all of the contestants for submitting their work by co-sponsoring, with the Amsterdam Free Library, an awards ceremony on Saturday, February 1st, 2020, at 10:00 AM at the library, for all the contestants, their friends and family.
Here, in order, are the authors we felt most rightly represented the theme, Inspired:
1.Seth Gessinger, The Broken Spoke
2. Jim L Strickland, The Judges Chamber
3.Darcy Etkin, The Race
1.Alan R. Hart, At Maple Shade
2.Roland Vinyard, White Knuckles
3.Dawn Snyder, My Mother and I
1.Margaret Ackenbeck Villanova, Photons
2.David Walsh, She Holds Back her Autumn Leaves
3.Ellie Discioscia, Who is This?
Once again, thank you to all who participated and we look forward to seeing you on Feb. 1st.
Thank you for your entries!
Contest Rules & Regulations
2. Writers age 13 and over are invited to enter. Under age 18 entries must be submitted with sponsorship by an adult age 18+.
3. Entries must be original. Work published previously in any copyrighted newspaper, magazine, book, website or other medium is ineligible.
4. Contestants may enter one work of fiction (not to exceed 3,000 words), one work of non-fiction (not to exceed 3,000 words), or up to three poems (not to exceed 3,000 words in total). A contestant may enter only ONE category.
5. No submissions will be returned.
6. Submissions will be judged by panels consisting of Foothills Arts Council members and directors. Judging and winner notifications will be completed by Saturday, December 19, 2019. Winners will be notified and announced at foothillsartsny.com as well as on our Facebook page.
7. All winners agree to publication in Foothills Arts Council's publication Inspired – An Anthology of Creative Writing, print and online editions, and on the Foothills Arts Council website.
8. The decisions of the judges are final. Submission indicates acceptance of all contest rules.