Creative Writing Contest
First, second and third place winners in each category (fiction, nonfiction and poetry) will receive a certificate of recognition from the Foothills Arts Council.
How to Enter
Entries will be accepted from 12:01 am, Saturday, August 10, 2019 until 11:59 pm Friday, November 1, 2019. Send us your entry by email or postal mail. Please include one cover sheet for each submission which includes: Title, Author, Address, Phone Number, Email Address. This will be for office use only and will not be given to the judges.
Email email@example.com with subject line INSPIRED WRITING CONTEST. Include your entry by attachment in Word doc form.
Mail your entry to Foothills Arts Council Inc, PO Box 190, Amsterdam, NY 12010
Rules & Regulations
1. The contest is open to NY state residents only.
2. Writers age 13 and over are invited to enter. Under age 18 entries must be submitted with sponsorship by an adult age 18+.
3. Entries must be original. Work published previously in any copyrighted newspaper, magazine, book, website or other medium is ineligible.
4. Contestants may enter one work of fiction (not to exceed 3,000 words), one work of non-fiction (not to exceed 3,000 words), or up to three poems (not to exceed 3,000 words in total). A contestant may enter only ONE category.
5. No submissions will be returned.
6. Submissions will be judged by panels consisting of Foothills Arts Council members and directors. Judging and winner notifications will be completed by Saturday, December 19, 2019. Winners will be notified and announced at foothillsartsny.com as well as on our Facebook page (Facebook.com/FoothillsArts).
7. All winners agree to publication in Foothills Arts Council's publication Inspired – An Anthology of Creative Writing, print and online editions, and on the Foothills Arts Council website.
8. The decisions of the judges are final. Submission indicates acceptance of all contest rules.
Contact Us with any questions about Foothills Arts Council's Inspired Creative Writing Contestor you may reach us with inquiries on Facebook at Facebook.com/FoothillsArts.